The dreaded killer disease has brought pain and suffering to far too many families across the globe. Even worse is the fact that the number of victims of this disease seems to be on the rise. More worrying is the fact that conventional western medicine seems overwhelmed by the onslaught of this disease and doesn’t seem to have the effective answer that mankind is seeking.
However, there is no cause for despair as nature always has something up her sleeves for those who are patient and diligent enough to search her out.
Our experts at Nature’s Lab® decided there was no better time to share what they believe is their top 10 answer to cancer from nature’s arsenal of weapons.
1. Turmeric – Research has consistently shown the effectiveness of turmeric both in preventing and treating cancer. Nature’s Lab experts recommend taking it with olive oil and black pepper in order to get the best out of it.
2. Fish Oils – The benefits of eating oily fish have been well documented for several years now. However, research shows that supplementation may be more effective than eating oily fish as the dose is better controlled. Research has shown that fish oils can reduce the size and growth of polyps, particularly the precursors of colorectal cancer.
3. Pine Bark Extract – Researchers increasingly highlight the importance of antioxidants in fighting and preventing cancer in the body. Pine bark extract is a rich source of antioxidants which are particularly effective against the development of cancer.
4. Vitamins C,D, E – These vitamins play a pivotal role in boosting the immune system and reducing the risk of cancer. Some research have shown their ability to correct certain forms of cancer cells. It is difficult to get the recommended daily allowances from your diet every single day so Nature’s Lab® experts recommend supplementation.
5. Selenium – Research has shown that selenium is highly effective at displacing heavy metals from the body. With respect to its efficacy in preventing cancer, researchers in Germany have shown that selenium significantly reduces the risk of developing prostate cancer.
6. Green Tea – Tea has long been regarded as an aid to good health. Some research has shown a link between green tea consumption and reduction in cancer risk. More than 50 epidemiologic studies have linked tea consumption to reduced risk of cancers of the colon, breast, ovary, prostate, and lungs.
7. Soursop – Soursop or graviola as it’s called in certain parts of the world, has been shown to be effective against some types of cancer cells. The main anti-cancer constituent of soursop are chemicals called acetogenins. In some Carribean countries, soursop is commonly used in treatment of prostate, breast and colorectal cancer.
8. Beta Carotene – Beta-Carotene acts as an antioxidant in the body and can protect against cell damage. When eaten in whole foods, evidence suggests that Beta-Carotene probably reduces the risk of some forms of cancer including cancer of the lung, mouth, pharynx, larynx and oesophagus. Nature’s Lab® experts recommend you get your nutritional requirements from whole foods rather than as individual nutrients in a supplement or tablet. Avoid taking doses higher than 18mg per day unless prescribed by a Doctor or certified Naturopath. Carrots are a great source of Beta-Carotene.
9. Garlic – Several population studies show an association between increased intake of garlic and reduced risk of certain cancers, including cancers of the stomach, colon, oesophagus, pancreas, and breast. The protective effects of garlic may arise from its antibacterial properties or from its ability to block the formation of cancer-causing substances, reduce cell proliferation and induce cancerous cell death.
10. Zinc – it has been established that optimal zinc intake plays an important role in achieving immuno-protection against cancer. Research has linked zinc deficiency to an increased risk of developing oesophageal and breast cancer. Nature’s Lab® experts recommend meats, fish, poultry, legumes, and whole grains, as good dietary sources of zinc.
Nature has many other cancer-fighting weapons in its arsenal that haven’t made our top ten list. We will provide you with some of these for your personal further research into this area:
Barley, Black Tea, Oolong Tea, Calcium, Oats, Magnesium, Soy, Vitamin B Complex, Olives, and Coriolus Mushroom: